Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority from the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG). It enables anyone to install a free trusted SSL certificate on their website and benefit from the enhanced security an encrypted connection provides. Let’s Encrypt certificate is recognized as fully verified and will display the padlock icon in the address bar of modern browsers.
Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates are valid for 90 days, but Plesk will automatically renew them once a month.
To install the Let's Encrypt certificate, kindly use the guide below:
- Login to your control panel
- Click on "Let's Encrypt"
- Ensure a valid email address is entered in the textbox, tick the checkbox "Include www.yourdomainname.com as an alternative domain name" click on "Install".
Kindly note that if you do not tick the "Include www.yourdomainname.com as an alternative domain name" box, then the certificate will be valid only for yourdomainname.com name. If you do check the box, both yourdomainname.com and www.yourdomainname.com will be covered.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be back at your control panel and a message will appear saying "Let's Encrypt SSL certificate was successfully installed on yourdomainname.com"
- Click on the "Hosting Settings" in your control panel and under "SSL support" box ensure the check box is ticked and under the certificate drop down menu, ensure it is selected "Let’s Encrypt yourdomainname.com"
- If you wish to renew the certificate manually, you may do so by logging to your control panel, click on "Let's Encrypt”, click on “Include www.yourdomainname.com as an alternative domain name" and finally click on the button "Renew"
Please note that renewal for the same domain name, it is limited to 5 certificates per domain per 7 days.
If you require any assistance, please send in to email@example.com