Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an improved security measure for the login interface of cPanel & WHM. Two-factor authentication requires two forms of identification:
A generated security code
When you enable 2FA, an application on your smartphone supplies a code that you must enter with your password to log in. Without your smartphone, you cannot log in. To enable 2FA for your hosting account, please follow the steps detailed below:
1. Login to your control panel
2. Once logged in look for "Two-Factor Authentication" under security category.
3. Click on "Set Up Two-Factor Authentication"
4. Install Google Authenticator on your smartphone.
6. On the top right corner select "Set up account"
7. You will be present with either "Scan a barcode" or "Enter provided key".
7A. If you wish to use the scan a barcode function, select the "Scan a barcode" and if your smartphone does not have any app called "Barcode Scanner" by ZXing Team installed, you can install it at this point.
Once the app has been installed, redo step 6 to 7A and scan the QR code that is shown in the control panel. Once the code is scanned, 6 digits will appear on your phone.
7B. If you wish to manually key in the code you see on the control panel, select "Enter provided key" on your smartphone. For the entry "Enter account name" and "Enter your key" you will need to key in the type what is presented in your control panel and when you are done, click on "Add".
8. Enter the Security Code at your cPanel's Two-Factor Authentication section below to complete the 2FA setup.
9. Once the message "Success: Two-factor authentication is now configured on your account" appeared, you are done with the setup of 2FA.